Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Abode Mini

Lately I've pretty much told anyone who'll listen about my hankering for a shed.  We live in an old house without garage or full-size basement, and we've realized more and more recently that we need a place for me to stash all my bikes/tools/garden stuff.  

So yesterday all my shed fantasies finally came to fruition in the form of this breathtaking cathedral of storage.   I'll admit, I've already taken a couple of trips out there just to visit.  I'm thinking of calling her Ol' Betsy.



If you're interested, I've also been trying to be better about updating the garden blog.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob, I haven't looked at your garden blog for a long time. I guess I didn't realize you updated it so regularly. Your garden has been very successful and the pictures are beautiful. I'm wondering if you've tasted the purple pods. If they're good, they would add beautiful color to a summer salad.

I think Ol" Betsy adds alot of charm to your garden and I noticed a screened window, which does make it a real "mini abode".

Also, when I enlarged the picture of the bright pink zinnia, I could see the intricate detail of God's creation. The yellow in the center is actually a little flower in itself! It is very beautiful, and God is truly awesome.

P.S. I noticed "the shed" on the garden "to do" list. Now you can check it off!

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at the title of your post and the new name for your shed. It looks great and I hope you really call it Ol'Betsy!

lisaqshay said...

Looks like a "Man Room" to me. Do you have running water and electricity? Room for a flat screen? Too bad you live so far, I'd send Shawn over there from time to time.

Carol said...

Rob - You named something else "Ol' Betsy" in the long ago past of your childhood. Do you remember what it was? It was also something very manly...

The Jones' said...

Hmmm... I do recall a favorite toy gun by that name. I was quite the Davy Crocket fan in those days.