Being cooped-up at home is usually a nice break from everyday life. When the weather is bad its nice to be able to just hunker down, stay warm, and enjoy some time on the couch. However, at some point there can be too much of a good thing. After a week of snow, cold, wind and more snow we decided it was time to get out. We needed to go somewhere... anywhere. Today the oasis for our precariously maintained sanity was none other then that bastion of scandanavian furniture and meatballs: IKEA.
Even though they were out of stock of the one item that we actually intended to buy, it was still the ideal escape. The store was as empty as we've ever seen it, Aiden could run and climb at will, and we could meander the labyrinthine pathways at our leasure. Perfect.
Thank you IKEA, thank you.






5 comments:
the first time i went to an ikea, i noticed those labyrinthian passageways as you called them as well. it's most certainly done intentionally so you can't find the exit and eventually end up buying more stuff, lol
Absolutely, if you're not careful you could end up walking in circles for hours in that place!
Aiden looks like he had a ball. You can see why he thought it was a big house. After all it has living room, dining room, bedroom and kitchen furnishings...even a place to eat lunch. Looking at these pictures, I can see why he called it a "home"! A perfect place for a little boy to get rid of pent-up energy.
xo
Oh how I wished we live closer to an IKEA! love that place. I must confess that i'm severely directionally challenged, and have gone around and around in circles there. oh well, it's always inspirational!
we too have stories about IKEA. I remember the time Bob, Lauren and I went to buy furniture for her bedroom. She was redoing it for her Sr Project in HS. We bought so much stuff she had to sit on the floor of the back of the Camry covered in IKEA boxes. I think that is the last time Bob went to IKEA!
Post a Comment