You probably won't be surprised to hear that the Phillie's playoff games have been a constant source of entertainment and excitement around here lately. There have been some amazing moments so far and also, of course, some dissapointing ones too.
One of the odd things about the playoff games until now though is that they all seem to be at the most inconvenient times possible. Yeah, I know, it's all about the TV coverage- I get it. But if you feel the need to go to bed before ten (or if you have a job...or go to school...) chances are you've missed out on seeing some of the big playoff moments so far. I know I have.
This past friday, however, was a four o'clock game which made for a good afternoon of family playoff watching. And what a game it was. What most likely will be forgotten in the midst of a disappointing outcome is how much fun it is to watch a game like that. Of course, you never hope to lose, but at the very least you can always hope for a well fought battle.
Aside from some (pretty important) miscues by the Phillies towards the end, this game was as tight and tense as any I've seen- and that's what makes playoff baseball so much fun. I wish I could say that we'll remember friday's game for the brilliant pitching performance of Pedro Martinez, but instead we'll have to settle for it just being a fun game watched with family and friends.
I can live with that.
2 comments:
Aiden:
I know along with your mom and dad you are the #1 Phillies fans in the Delaware Valley.
The Phillies are the better team and should put away the Dodgers ASAP.
Bring on the Yanks!!!!
the boys begged to be picked up from school versus taking the bus home...so as not to miss a minute. of course, i happily obliged their request.
Joseph stayed up for the entire game last night and had to awaken me on the couch with the final crushing score! Woot Hoot - Take that dodgers!!!!
..."Whose house is it??? OUR HOUSE! That's right, baby."
Post a Comment